August 9, 2021
Leave Your Competition in the Dust with TopRank
It’s no secret that every bit of traction you can get in the marketplace counts, and guess what? The same holds true for your competitors, which is why you can be sure they’re always trying to stay one step ahead of you, too. And in the affiliate channel, ranking matters–a lot.
Get this: The top three positions on ranking and review sites receive up to 90% of the traffic. That means fourth place isn’t going to cut it, not by a long shot. Optimizing your strategy over time is the key to survival, but in order to do that you’ve got to first know where you stand–and why.
That’s where TopRank comes in.
What is TopRank?
What does TopRank do?
First and foremost, TopRank gives you a high-level view of how you’re stacking up against the competition–but it doesn’t stop there.
TopRank gives you:
- Competitive insights: Not only can you find out what your competitors are spending on ranking and review sites, but also how your brand is performing on individual media sites or even by specific product. For instance, our Card Issuer client needed to evaluate how their Cashback credit card was rating by publisher. TopRank broke down the card’s performance page-by-page so they could quickly identify what was working–and what wasn’t–and make real-time strategic adjustments.
- New areas of opportunity: The beauty of TopRank is that it tracks your competitors’ market share on publisher pages, but it also identifies all of the opportunities across the publisher landscape so you can increase your overall share of voice.
- Control of your investment: With knowledge comes great power. TopRank uses data-driven insights to determine the right investment level for publisher sites (instead of blindly navigating commission spend), negotiate CPA costs with publishers, and inform every investment decision you make.
But isn’t Affiliate Marketing a Set-It-And-Forget-It Solution?
Absolutely not! When it comes to the affiliate channel, there is no such thing as auto-pilot.
What works today may not necessarily work tomorrow. Really. The one and only constant is change. Trends, tactics, tools, and strategies must be regularly monitored and optimized accordingly–and probably, more frequently than you think–and TopRank can help identify when and how to pivot.
Ready to maximize this effective marketing channel? Check out our quick “Horror Stories from an Affiliate Marketing Insider” video. We’ve covered a lot of ground in this short 10-minute video about things like:
- Why your affiliate program isn’t performing as well as you think it is
- The best tools to measure the most meaningful metrics
- Compliance issues–and why you might be having them
- Attracting qualified traffic–and avoiding the rest
- High quality content–and the value of quality publishers